Today's indications for the use of lasers in dentistry are very large, but the most prominent are:
- In periodontology in deep pockets;
- Various forms of gingivitis (inflammation of the gums);
- In conservative dentistry for canal disinfection;
- In prosthetics in lengthening of tooth crowns, in vestibular movement of immobile mucosa;
- In orthodontics for the intersection of a low-lying lip attachment which is a common cause of diastema (spacing between teeth);
- In oral surgery, stopping bleeding, treating alveolitis, etc.